“The great thing about this jalfrezi recipe is the slightly sweet and sour flavour you get from from the peppers. Brilliantly versatile, you can use whatever seasonal veg you have to hand. ”
- cauliflower = 250 grams
- capsicum = 2
- carrots = 2
- potatoes= 2
- butter = 50 grams
INGREDIENTS FOR CURRY
- tomatoes = 2
- onions = 2 mediumm sized (chopped)
- tomato pury = 1cup
- red chilli powder = 1 tea spoon
- mustard seeds = 1/2 tea spoon
- mustard paste = 1 table spoon
- yogurt = 1 cup
- turmeric powder = 1/2 tea spoon
- lemon juice = 2 table spoon
- salt = 1/2 tea spoon
- oil = 2 table spoon
fry all vegetables in butter and take aside
- Pour oil in a pan. Add onion,mustard seeds, salts, turmeric powder, tomatoes, red chilli powder, mustard paste.
- cook well until the tomatoes becomes soft
- add the tomato purree and vegetables.
- mix well, pour 1/2 cup water and cook 5-7 minutes in low flames
- now add yogurt and lemon juice and cook until the water dries.
- garnish it with corriander leaves
- serve it with rice.
Experiment with different combinations of vegetables, such as courgettes, aubergines or potatoes once you’ve mastered this version – bigger, chunkier veggies need longer cooking times, so add them at the start, and delicate veggies like peas and spinach need only minutes, so they can go in right at the end.
Author, Founder of Gegapedia.
Co-founder of purchasium.