WHAT ARE SKILLS?
To discuss the power of skills we should first clear the concept of skills or what are skills? because there are many misconceptions about skills. A skill is the ability to do something well, it doesn’t include talents, a skill is a work which you have learned and you could perform it with ease.
Skills could be anything from playing football to flying an airplane. Playing football well is a skill because it is a task that you know how to perform and you can perform it.
SKILLS = CONFIDENCE
Skills have a very big effect on your self-confidence. The more skills you learn the more confident you become. The increase in your self-confidence by a single skill depends upon how much does it matters to you.
A person’s confidence increases when ever he achieve something that matters much to him, by which he feels that he is better than before. When you feel greater, your confidence level increases, that is the reason why acquiring skills is a big source of self confidence. Confidence changes your personality which means that indirectly acquiring skills also help in improving your personality and making you better than before.
AMOUNT OF SKILLS NEEDED
If you think that you are good with three to five skills then you are probably wrong because learning is forever. You could never stop learning in your life till your death. Never stop at the amount of skills which you think is enough because as i have said before, the more skills you acquire the better you become.
You could never be a perfect person because no one can. But the thing you can do is becoming better. Never feel that you are done because there are many thing to discover and to learn. The amount of skills which is enough for you to stop learning new things is infinite. Every skill have a different role in your life. Every skill has a value that other skills could not cover. Every skill contributes in making you better than before.
REASON FOR ACQUIRING SKILLS
What is the reason for acquiring skills? why is all of that necessary? Since the beginning of the article i have discussed many advantages of acquiring skills which are the reason why you should acquire skills.
So, let’s write all of those reasons in points
- Source of confidence: As I have discussed before that it is a big source of confidence as it helps us feel greater and better than before.
- Utilization of time: It is better to learn a skill than playing games or watching videos on youtube. It is better because it helps you in your life, and solves many problems in many ways(depends upon the skill).
- It isn’t so unnecessary: Acquiring different skills isn’t as unnecessary as you think it is, many people think of it as an extra activity for free time, but i gotta tell you that it is not that useless. Learning skills is the real thing, it is much better than learning for the tests of your schools because skills are gonna pay you till the end of your life.
- Loyalty: Skills are loyal they never leave you and always help you in your hard times.
- Self-investment: Acquiring skills are also called self-investment which means that by learning a skill you invest on your self on making your self better. Acquiring a skill is an investment because it always pays you. It is the best type of investment.
IS IT SO HARD?
Many of you would be thinking that if it will be very hard. It only seems hard but I can tell you that it is fun, nothing could be more exciting than acquiring a skill which you like, it is fun only if you are interested in learning the skill which you are learning. You can take an example, like for me making a website was first skill of mine and after that i loved acquiring new skills. Now I have a long list of skills that i can not memorize sometimes. But many of those are helping me and i believe that these will help me in the future too.
If you liked my article then you should see my previous articles too, and subscribe my website. If you are a wordpress author then you have to subscribe by the comment section and if you are not then go to the end of the page.
Asad Khawar, 15 years old.
administrator of Gegapedia and Gegamall.